Angel and Demon
Another poem I wrote years ago, must have been feeling melodramatic or something.
Angel and Demon
High upon the golden gate the angels sit and wait,
Their great black wings extend towards the starry sky,
An abyss full of fireflies,
gently floating as through time were molasses,
Their eyes closed while their voices resonate and echo across the valley,
The sound sends a chill down my back like a lightning bolt,
In the eye of the hurricane I am but a mote,
The angels have eyes like dragonflies,
they reflect many facets of my demise,
Their eyes glow with a bright red hue,
like the fires of hell are leaking through,
These giants are tall and great,
when they walk the ground will shake, I slow down,
I hesitate, the path I'm on will seal my fate
Angel and Demon
High upon the golden gate the angels sit and wait,
Their great black wings extend towards the starry sky,
An abyss full of fireflies,
gently floating as through time were molasses,
Their eyes closed while their voices resonate and echo across the valley,
The sound sends a chill down my back like a lightning bolt,
In the eye of the hurricane I am but a mote,
The angels have eyes like dragonflies,
they reflect many facets of my demise,
Their eyes glow with a bright red hue,
like the fires of hell are leaking through,
These giants are tall and great,
when they walk the ground will shake, I slow down,
I hesitate, the path I'm on will seal my fate
Comments
Post a Comment